Monday, June 16, 2008

Try Something New No2

Another first for on-line classes. This time with Paulette Insall. This was her organic backgrounds class. I do love my backgrounds I have to admit I do them a lot, but I haven't sanded my backgrounds before, so that was new. So the background although it looks textured, it's quite smooth. cool huh!!

So just to clarify this was a backgrounds class, and you could add what ever you wanted over the top of the background, although she does give some ideas as to what you can do. Anyone thinking about doing an on-line class, I highly recommend her and karyn Gartel.... both really cool and informative teachers.

So this canvas is 8" x 10" and is titled "An Awkward Friend". Still trying to get my faces right and my shading/trees right where I'm happy with the way they look.





So this is my second entry for MMM - Try something new.

17 comments:

  1. Wow again a great piece.
    Gorgeous design. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, think it works really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great piece nat:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay this is fantabulous! If it's not already sold can I buy it for my sister?

    CheerS!

    PS your faces are great (might have to give me a lesson one day)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:22 AM

    Oh, Nat - another beauty! I think I need to do a class or two there as well - but there are no more until Sept! Love what you did. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Nat - I love how your art is developing!

    And apologies for not getting back to your email about the retreat. I have been soooo busy this week.
    And only went to 2 days of the retreat so am probably not the best person to ask. I know Jacky went to 4 days. It was a lot of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is spectacular! The tree and woman work very well with it. And I think her face is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your canvas is really amazing, just Love all of the detail and that background is quite something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natalie - I really love this piece - it has all come together so beautifully - and great minds think alike as I posted mine for MMM this week too :)

    This is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Georgeous Nat... love this piece (and that background is fantastic...)
    Will check out some of these online classes = thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This piece is fantastic! I hope you'll do more!

    xo,

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fantastic canvas, you are growing with each painting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! You did a gorgeous job!

    I love Paulette Insall's work.

    ReplyDelete