Saturday, April 05, 2014

Autumn Dayz - From Start to Finish


For those who aren't aware, I live in the 
Pilbara - Western Australia.
Our weather here is a little different to the rest 
of Western Australia. Our summers are extremely hot 
and dry and our winters are more like
spring weather. 

So currently in the Pilbara we are in 
the season of Autumn. However when I think of 
colours that relate to Autumn in the Pilbara,
I don't think of oranges and browns with 
a hint of green. I think more along the line of different
 shades of reds, with maybe a little hint of orange and green. 

Here is my version of a windy day in the Pilbara in Autumn.


"Autumn Dayz"  
36 x 48 inches


above is how the background looked after I had
finished adding my spray paints
and acrylics



Then I brayered on some white paint


Above is after I had covered it with
 a layer of Gel Medium
and stained it red


Adding the tree


Close up of the trunk texture
  




and once the blossoms have been added





and finally I had a little fun with
Pixlr and created my own little
poster using this painting






as always thank you for taking the time
to read my blog
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment