Friday, November 07, 2014

My blog posts have been a bit sporadic lately

Well we have moved and we are settled, but I must admit that my blog posts have been somewhat all over the place lately. My art has also been a bit the same... and I can't lie... The reason is simple - the BEACH.

 Photo and motivational quote by me :-)

When we moved down south, I made a pact to myself to not take the view and the beach for granted. After all, it's too easy to move somewhere and just never ever appreciate what you have... I will 100% stick my hand up and say I've done that myself. I lived in the Pilbara for 7+ years and I know first hand, how it inspires and moves so many people.... yet for me, I struggled to be inspired. I tried and I tried, but I am an ocean/beach girl through and through. After all I'm a Pisces and the water runs through my veins. But I have seen SO many beautiful photo's and paintings done by some truly wonderful Pilbara artists, yet for me, personally I struggled to be inspired. 

So before we moved down south, I made a little pact with myself - TO MAKE SURE THAT I GO TO THE BEACH EVERY DAY ------- rain, hail or shine...  

Ok, Ok, 
I have to be honest... I haven't been every day. 
Sometimes we've been away, sometimes it's been too late in the arvo, too cold, or just too wet, but I would say that I have been 95% of the time. And do you know what, I feel like I am a NEW person....  and my dog, well she is 7 years old - AND I have been stopped by so many people asking if she is a puppy... a PUPPY... are you serious... she was nearly crippled before we left the Pilbara and I thought we may have to put her down at one stage... but she absolutely loves the ocean/beach just like her family....        maybe it's a Pets and Owners thing......    you know what I mean right? we've all seen those photo's of the dogs who look like their owners

beach sand in my moustache... the best kind of moustache right?

So for the first time in my life, I've actually been inspired to pick up a camera (or rather my iphone) and take photo's. Pretty pleased with how some of those photo's turned out - considering I'm the first person to say I take the most rubbish photo's in the history of man kind!


Mine and my mate Rosie's footprints running one morning

Photo by yours truly ... Quote - well I think we have all used this quote at some stage

in our lives ... and it's a good one to remember..



and a treasure I found one day walking. 


Anyway, I'm working on a better way to BALANCE it all... and I hope to post more regularly... 

As always, I can't thank you enough for popping by. 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment