by far my Rosie's
favourite recipe yet!
Rosie's Seriously Scrummy
160g Rolled Oats
50 g Olive Oil
1 1/4 Cups of Boiling Water
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Stock (**See note below**)
185g Peanut Butter
300g of whole wheat flour (I used Atta Brand)
** I made my own vegetable stock in the Thermomix using the recipe from the Everyday Cookbook - page 23
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, oil, vegetable stock, and boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes. I used the Thermomix to weigh and measure all of the ingredients and let it sit in the bowl.
- Next thoroughly stir in peanut butter, whole wheat flour and egg. If using the Thermomix, blitz together on speed 7 for about 10 seconds.
- Knead with your hands until you have a smooth ball of dough. I used my Thermomix to do this process which was quicker and kneaded for 2 minutes.
- Take a rolling pin and flatten out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Use a biscuit/cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes. If you're feeling lazy, you can just leave the dough as is and bake it like one whole biscuit. You can always break it up after it's cooked. If you want a shinier looking biscuit, you can also brush on a thin coat of egg whites before baking.
- Place your dough onto a tray with a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until golden.
Let your biscuits cool completely. Store in an air tight container for up to a week (if your furry friend let's them last that long!). Remember these are fresh ingredients with no preservatives, so they will not store as long in a container as a commercially bought brand of biscuits would.