But then again
She is a guts on legs
don't tell her these
are low fat and
good for her!!
Carrot, Banana & Apple Dog Biscuits
1/4 cup of natural applesauce (**see note below**)
1 cup of shredded carrots (**see note below**)
1 medium rip banana
1/8 cup of water
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 cup of rolled oats (** see note below**)
** I made my own applesauce in the Thermomix using the recipe from the Everyday Cookbook - page 42
** I grated my own carrot in the Thermomix on speed 8 for about 10 seconds
** I blitzed the oats in the Thermomix on speed 8 for about 10 seconds
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Mash the rip banana in a small bowl.
- Grate the carrots and mix with the banana.
- Pour in applesauce and water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and oats. I used the Thermomix and blitzed together on speed 6 for about 15 seconds.
- Knead with your hands until you have a smooth ball of dough. I used my Thermomix to do this process which was quicker and kneaded for 2 minutes. ***note*** this recipe is very sticky!
- Take a rolling pin and flatten out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Use a biscuit/cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes. If you're feeling lazy, you can just leave the dough as is and bake it like one whole biscuit. You can always break it up after it's cooked. At this point I also sprinkled on a little extra cinnamon on the top of the biscuits, but that is just an option. If you want a shinier looking biscuit, you can also brush on a thin coat of egg whites before baking.
- Place your dough onto a tray with a non-stick baking sheet on top because as mentioned above this recipe is very very sticky!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until golden.
Let your biscuits cool completely. Store in an air tight container for up to a week (if your furry friend let's them last that long!). Remember these are fresh ingredients with no preservatives, so they will not store as long in a container as a commercially bought brand of biscuits would.